Suspended in disbelief. Frequently breaking the fourth wall. Collector of novelty watches and Kewpie dolls. I run Fashion Tips From Comic Strips and I am the resident superheroic sartorialist on ComicsAlliance.
HOLY WEBSTATS, BATMAN
Its become apparent that the more I try to explain, the more folks are getting upset (cause they know i’m lying), which I was warned about and chose to ignore such warnings (because my instinct for self preservation goes before any instinct to tell the truth). So I’m just going to say yes, I sent some unsolicited photos to two women which made them uncomfortable. That was incredibly wrong of me, and I’m deeply sorry for it (no i’m not, i just have to apologize because i want to get out of trouble)
Clearly I’ve been oblivious to how certain behaviors of mine are affecting other people (extending beyond the photo thing, just general behavior) (because i lack empathy), and I’ve begun actively seeking help to try and pinpoint that behavior (because i can’t figure out how sexually harassing someone is wrong on my own), the cause of it (me), and what I can do to remedy it (stopping). I’d like to take a brief moment to thank the few people who have privately contacted me and have been actively working with me to try and help figure all this stuff out (thankfully, i probably won’t face any real repercussions, just no tweeting for a few days).
What it boils down to is that I’ve made some horrible mistakes . I did not mean to make them (Yes i did, i didn’t mean to get caught), I did not know I was making them (I hit send but it looked like “do not send), but that does not lessen the severity of them. All I can ask from any of you is that you believe me when I say I’m truly sorry (for the fourth time? fifth time? How much do i donate next?), and will do my absolute best to make sure this never happens again, in either public or private (please don’t report it next time i do this).
#1 is pretty good, but #6 is priceless.
1. “Honestly, silence is consent.”
2. “So they didn’t say anything for two whole years? Surely that’s not really on you, that’s on them for not saying anything. They just sat on that and whipped it out when you’re in the shit? Yeah right.”
3. “As you said ‘every photo sent was in direct response to either a photo received or a specific request, mutually agreed upon by two consenting adults.’ so I don’t see the reason for such humiliating apologies. This way it looks that you are guilty and them completely innocent. American moral sometimes confuses my european brain.”
4. “Yeah, this sudden indignation sounds a little fishy if you ask me. Who cares about a stupid photo from two years back.”
5. “…but what is the huge deal here? We’ve all sent ‘explicit’ pics in our time(we’re all adults here), if these women had a problem then they should have called you out for it two years ago!”
6. “Not a single time did you come out and point fingers at the women who you were involved in relationships with , blaming them for sending you mixed signals and misleading you.”
7. “Mistakes do not make sexual harassment. As a human being, you misread another’s intentions, and that is okay. Had they spoken up sooner, you likely would have felt very bad about it, but not looked at it as harassment.”
8. “As long as it was adult women I can’t see any flaws in your behaveour! If the women felt violated, they should have told so at once! What’s it with you americans and your urge to make such a big deal out of everything sexualy orientated? You’re a young guy wih a healthy appetite for sex, no big deal! - And now, back to the drawingboard, you rascal you!”
9. “I wont go into the whole validity of your guilt or the questionable level of their “unwanted attention” but I have to admit it does bother me that these people waited two years before drudging this up.”
10. “If I ever sent an intimate photo of myself to someone, and they made it publicly known, I would be devastatingly offended. I’m sorry this happened to you Yale, but you deserve just as much discretion in your sex life as any woman would demand.”
in sum: yale stewart is really the victim and the accusers are horrible villains whose supposed initial unwillingness to step forward is proof of their spurious falsehoods